Action Surrey offers advice to residents, schools and businesses on how to reduce energy and water consumption.
As part of Action Surrey, there is an energy and water efficiency show home that is free to visit, a walk-in low carbon advice centre and an online community that is available to residents and members of the public.
Action Surrey also manages a network of trusted, local and experienced installers who can install insulation, replace boilers and are experts in solar and other microgeneration technology.
Action Surrey assists the Council in meeting its climate change strategic commitments and Borough residents with energy advice and installation support through the Action Surrey programme. Specific and measurable targets for Action Woking were agreed with the Council’s Climate Change Working Group as;
- 50,000 lifetime tonnes of CO2 saved from the private housing stock of Woking by the end of 2012.
- Establish a network of exemplar low carbon homes that others can read about and be inspired by
- Recruit 3000 members who we can encourage to become low carbon homes ‘by the end of 2012’
Action Surrey has achieved notable results and is on track to hit its target of saving over 50,000 tonnes of CO2 from the private housing stock by the end of 2012.
Below are the achievements made during 2010;
- Saved 16,360 lifetime tonnes of CO2
- Facilitated just over 500 installations of energy saving measures and renewable technology
- Saved residents £43,000 in fuel bills
- Referred 1,709 residents to our installers/online affiliate programme
- Oak Tree House has now had 1,600 visitors through its doors since September 2009
- Has 14 Low Carbon Homeowners as part of a Low Carbon Home Network
- Action Woking now has 1,300 low carbon community members on an email database